Today is the big day. As we spend time celebrating Mother’s Day and reflecting on what our moms mean to us, I thought it’d be fitting (and fun) to look at 10 quotes that perfectly express the love and gratitude we are all feeling today. From Abraham Lincoln to Stevie Wonder, there are definitely some gems here.
Once you’re done with the day’s celebratory meals, coffee, wine, gifts, and laughs, share these powerful words of wisdom with your favorite woman in the entire world:
1. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” – Jewish proverb
2. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” – Agatha Christie
3. “I will look after you and I will look after anybody you say needs to be looked after, any way you say. I am here. I brought my whole self to you. I am your mother.” – Maya Angelou
5. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
6. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” – unknown
7. “A father may turn his back on his child, brothers and sisters may become inveterate enemies, husbands may desert their wives, wives their husbands. But a mother’s love endures through all.” – Washington Irving